- Developing digital vocational education and training to suit different learner typesand vocational disciplines
Coordinated by Careeria, Porvoo, Finland
Main contact: International Coordinator Ville Vierimaa, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358405378367
Partner group: Careeria, Mediamaisteri (Finnish E-learning solutions provider company), Galway Technical Institute, Tartu Vocational Education Centre, Berufsbildendeschulen Rotenburg
The project is about:
- Developing digital VET approaches for different learner types and finding solutions to common
challenges that teachers have about digital pedagogy and compiling a freely accessible resource
- Providing a tangible model for teachers to put into use in their own organizations ie. a set of
instructions on how to make the most of Moodle in VET
- Mapping best practices for Moodle System specialists for supporting the use of digital pedagogy in
Here are some questions that DIGIVET4ALL seeks to explore and answer.
- What are the best practices for modern use of Moodle?
- How do I create a course on Moodle that is more than just a material bank?
- How do I design a pedagogically sound Moodle course?
- How does the structure of the course and different exercise types on it support or hinder learning?
- How can I help students from different language backgrounds?
- How do I address both adult learners and younger learners who are on the same Moodle course?
- Can digital pedagogy be used to reduce learning material costs?
- How can Moodle support learning that takes place at the workplace?
- How can Moodle support learning that takes place at a workplace abroad?
- Can the same Moodle course be used for both distance and blended learning?
- What is the best way of using other platforms with Moodle? What about different media formats?
- What is the best organization strategy for Moodle?
- How do we make sure that Moodle knowledge is spread nicely and evenly around the college?
- How to ensure that the staff members make the most out of Moodle?
- How to ensure that the staff members get the right kind of support at the right moment?
- What are the best practices of promoting Moodle in my organization?
DigiVET4ALL is about improving the quality of digital vocational education and training by
supporting teachers. The three products of the project are all closely connected to Moodle support.
The first product is a questionnaire that can be used by any organisation wishing to map what kind of support the staff members feel they should have what comes to using Moodle. By making use of this product the organisation can direct Moodle support more precisely. Furthermore, the content of Moodle support can also be adjusted to address the correct things by making use of the questionnaire.
The second product of the project is a tangible, hands-on instruction package for teachers who use Moodle. Some of the teachers may be beginners and some may be more advanced users but all the same the product aims to address both types of teachers by offering them a set of hints and advice on how to make the most of Moodle. Product no 2 consists of exercise templates, hints and instructions how Moodle can be used to
a) address different learner types
b) enable learning in various different environments
c) make life easier by reducing study material costs and reducing the workload of teachers
Product number 3 is a set of best practices for Moodle support, management and promotion in VET providing organizations. This case example compilation is the result of discussions and comparisons by European Moodle system specialists during DIGIVET4ALL project.
All of these products are compiled by VET and core skills teachers who are trained on the topic on Learning, Teaching and Training activities in Finland, Estonia, Germany and Ireland throughout the project period of 2019-2021. The products of the project will be made freely available on a project website.